About Me

My photo
I am a wife to an amazing guy and a mom to five fantastic kids. I have four boys and one girl. Keeping up with this bunch on a day to day basis makes me feel like a zookeeper, and these are some of my ramblings.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Supplies...CHECK!


So I think I mentioned in my introduction post how great my husband is...

After getting the sewing machine, I was immediately on the hunt for sewing supplies and fabric. A couple of mornings later after a long night of an overnight shift, my hubby came in and woke me up and told me to get up and get everyone ready because we were headed out to breakfast and some errands.

After some great blueberry pancakes from Hy-Vee deli (hey, don't knock it till you've tried it - they were fresh, hot, delicious and CHEAP) we ran a couple of mundane errands and then he said, "OK so do you want to go to Joanns for sewing supplies?" I truly adore this man...

We head out to Joanns in Independence because it is the closest to us and I'm in search of a few basic sewing supplies to get started, thread and some fabric to add to the adorable daisy/gingham fabric that my friend Susi generously donated to the cause because she decided that sewing was not worth the effort after she bought it. Hey her loss is my gain, right?

Here is what we came home with:
















This was the sewing/thread kit that my husband picked out for me. It has all kinds of thread, spools, pincushion, measuring tape...everything I needed to get a start. He found this while I was elbow deep in the fabric department.

My original project idea was for a pillowcase dress for Miss Sassypants. I bought two types of fabric to start out with:















Guess which one Miss Sassypants chose?? Add a spool of hot pink grosgrain ribbon and we're good to go.














Next stop....trials, errors and the first finished project.


0 comments:

Post a Comment